“Baaaaa.” Don’t be “sheepish” this summer! Looking for a fun craft to do with your kids? Try these Paper Lambs that are easy to make and does not require a lot of time. Get your creative juices flowing and modify these anyway you want. Perhaps use different color materials and let your imagination run wild.
- paper cup (any size)
- cotton balls
- dollpins or clothespins (4 per lamb)
- googly eyes
- black paper or felt
- something for the sheep’s head
1. Locate the dollpins or clothespins and, using the black marker, draw hooves on each of them ( the forked end will attach to sheep).
2. Apply glue to the forked end the pins and slide each onto the rim of the paper cup. Each pin should be about 90 degrees from each other.These will be the legs so make sure they are evenly distributed around the rim. Adjust accordingly.
3. Begin gluing the cotton balls to the paper cup. Perhaps stretch them out to provide maximum coverage of the surface. Don’t forget to cover the top of the pins with cotton balls as well. Continue until the entire surface is covered.
4. Attach the sheep’s head. Use whatever item you have set aside. Glue the the head to the top of cup, centered between two legs.
5. Make the eyes. You can use googly eyes or draw them with a marker.
6. Use the black construction paper or black felt to create the ears, tail, and nose (if you didn’t draw it already). Then glue them to the sheep.
7. Now your sheep is complete.