Do you wish there was a way your child can still learn during the summer months? Turn a classic game into a learning opportunity by turning the pieces into letters to see who can spell the most words. Modify it depending on your personal preferences. All you need are a few things you have around the house.
- Connect Four™ Game
- Masking Tape,Marker
- paper and pencil if you want to keep score.
- First cut small pieces of masking tape and place them on the game pieces.
- Next add letters, You can add a random mix of consonants and vowels adding more or less of either.
Finally you are ready to begin.
- Each player takes turns creating words from the game pieces. You can even let your child come up with a few before you begin.
- Continue until no more words can be created by either player.
You can also play a version where the player is not allowed to use the other color’s letters to make words. Or perhaps play a version where all the pieces are up for grabs. You can even come up with your own variation.